- NYSAFP Winter Weekend
- Hands on Student Workshop/Clinical Camp (Saturday)
- Panel session for students on careers in family medicine (Sunday)
- Student scholarships available: http://www.nysafp.org/NYSAFP/media/PDFs/Conferences/Winter%20Weekend%202019/WW-2019-student-application.pdf
- NYSAFP Annual Lobby Day – Albany, NY
- This is an event where students, residents, and physicians from across the state lobby lawmakers to promote specific legislation and policy goals that further the ideals of family medicine and primary care in New York. It is a great opportunity to practice your political advocacy skills and learn more about the legislative process with regards to current issues in health care. Limited funding for travel/meals for Sinai students is graciously being provided by the NYC chapter of the NYSAFP.
- Please contact Tyler (email@example.com) if you are interested in attending.
- Family Medicine Residency Match Panel
Are you interested in family medicine? Are you considering applying to family medicine residency programs later this year? Then please join us for the Family Medicine Post-Match Panel. Fourth-year students who successfully matched to Family Medicine will share their experiences and answer your questions.
- Please RSVP here.
- Family Medicine Research Symposium
- Location: New York Academy of Medicine (1216 5th Ave @ E 103rd St)
- Date: TBD
- This event and poster session is a celebration of the research and innovations championed by the Institute for Family Health and the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
- Rural Family Medicine trip to Ellenville, NY
- Join us as we visit the Institute of Family Health Mid-Hudson residency training program in Ellenville and Kingston, NY and tour a critical access hospital staffed by family physicians. Transportation and lunch provided.
To hear about all of our events, ask to be added to our mailing list by emailing FMIG.firstname.lastname@example.org! Or, you can check for our posts on students-events, the Student Activities calendar, or this website, which we’ll update with more information throughout the year.