Self-care involves the importance of prioritizing your physical and mental health needs.
Exercise and Nutrition Resources:
- Get a Y-Pass
- Fitness Deals from the Rec Office
- Womxn Who Lift
- Mount Sinai Wellness: A program that prioritizes the wellness of all members of the Mount Sinai community including students
- Mount Sinai Calm: For Self Care and Stress Reduction (They offer free classes for students and employees!)
- Mount Sinai Fit
- Highlight: FREE nutrition consultations with a Registered Dietician for faculty, staff, and students
- Mount Sinai FarmShare: “…a student-led Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program that offers local, organic produce from Stoneledge Farm, delivered weekly on Monday afternoons during the 24-week harvest season.” Registration typically opens in May for the upcoming school year!
Medical Care for Students:
- Schedule an Appointment with Student Health through MARC
- Benefits and Insurance Coverage
- students can also contact: Stephanie Autenreith (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Michelle Sainte (email@example.com)
Educational/ Career-Related Resources to Learn about More about Health and Wellness in Medicine:
- Food as Medicine Nexus Course
- Medical Ethnobotany and Dietary Supplement Group
- Integrative Medicine at Mount Sinai
Stop by the Mount Sinai Farmers’ Market outside the Icahn building every Wednesday 8am-5pm, June-November. You can also go HERE to find a market throughout New York City.
Calm App- Make sure to use your Sinai email when signing up to get it for free!