MedDOCs is an after school opportunity for high school students interested in science and medicine, hosted at Mount Sinai Hospital. Through interactive activities, lectures, and mentorship from medical and graduate students, MedDOCs students learn about exciting topics in anatomy and physiology, including cardiology, pulmonology, and neurology.
The program is held three times a year and lasts 7 -8 weeks, with three separate curricula:
- Fall session: The cardiovascular system
- Spring session #1: The pulmonary system
- Spring session #2: Neuroscience, neurology, and neurosurgery
For graduates of MedDOCs programs, MedDOCs+ Summer Internship Program is now accepting applications until April 1 and can be accessed here.
First-year medical students and graduate students teach the MedDOCs students about organ anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology through various hands-on teaching modalities. Our support for this initiative aligns with MedDOCs’ overall vision to spur the interest of minority and underserved youth towards a career in medicine and to increase minority representation in the basic science and medical fields. We aim to inspire self-confidence, provide individualized guidance, and maintain a support system for students as they progress through the Mount Sinai CEYE pipeline programs.
MedDOCs also offers a summer internship program for MedDOCs alumni, called MedDOCs+. Students who have successfully completed the MedDOCs curricula are invited to volunteer at the Mount Sinai Hospital in various departments.
Do you want to get involved as a student with MedDOCs?
- New Students: Check back in August 2019 for an opportunity to apply to MedDOCs cardiology!
- Returning students: Students who have completed MedDOCs cardio and/or MedDOCs pulmonology are eligible to apply for MedDOCs+ (summer internship program) and/or MedDOCs neurology.
- For students who have graduated MedDOCs Cardio or Pulm, please either fill out the interest form sent at the end of Pulmonology, or email email@example.com to express your interest for MedDOCs Neuro (dates: April 4-May 16, 2019)
- For graduates of MedDOCs programs, MedDOCs+ Summer Internship Application can be accessed here
- For additional Summer opportunities from Mount Sinai’s Center for Excellence in Youth Education, check out their website here. Applications for summer programs are due April 1, 2019.
Do you want to get involved as a mentor with MedDOCs? Medical and graduate students at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai are invited to apply. Email us if you’re interested in becoming a mentor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please email us with any questions at email@example.com!