The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Undergraduate Research Symposium in Biological, Chemical, Structural, and Computational Sciences will not be taking place in 2019.
This symposium offers undergraduates interested in research an opportunity to present their ongoing work in a forum of their peers. Communication of novel concepts and results will help immerse the next generation of researchers in scientific discourse. The event exclusively features undergraduate researchers with interest in pursuing advanced degrees in science and medicine.
The Symposium invites mentor-approved undergraduate contributions, from any institution, that are advancing the fields of biology, chemistry, computational or structural biochemistry, and biomedical studies. These scientific advances will be featured over the course of the day in a number of ways:
- Two poster sessions, judged by experts in the field
- Awards will be given to outstanding posters!
- Oral presentations selected from abstracts
- Advising attendees how to navigate applying to graduate school
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Refreshments will be served
This event would not be possible without the generous support of:
- The Friedman Brain Institute
- The Mindich Child Health and Development Institute
- The Precision Immunology Institute
- The Tisch Cancer Institute
- The Mount Sinai Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism Institute
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Neuroscience
- Department of Oncological Sciences
- Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology