Directions to Mount Sinai
The Mount Sinai Hospital campus stretches from 98th Street to 102nd Street between Madison and Fifth Avenues on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. Mount Sinai is easily accessible by train, car, or public transportation. The main entrance is located at 1468 Madison Ave and this will be the most convenient location for locating the Symposium. More detailed directions may be found here.
Within Manhattan – Public Transit
The Mount Sinai campus can be accessed by either: subway 6 train (stops 96th or 103rd street), or by bus (M1, M2, M3, M4, M96, M98, M101, M102, M103, M106). Metrocards are required for the subway or bus and can be purchased in subway stations. The cost per ride is $2.75.
Within Manhattan – Driving
- From the East Side: take the FDR drive to the 96th street exit, continue west on 96th and turn right on Madison.
- From the West Side: take the West Side Highway to the 96th street exit, continue east through Central Park and turn left on Madison.
- Brooklyn & Queens: From the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, take the Brooklyn Bridge exit. Follow signs to the FDR Drive North.
- Queens & Long Island: Take Grand Central Parkway (West) to Triborough Bridge (“59th Street Bridge”) to the FDR Drive North.
- Staten Island (Brooklyn Battery Tunnel): Take the Verrazano Bridge (Staten Island only) to Brooklyn Queens Expressway. Follow signs to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel and make a right turn out of the tunnel. Take West Street to West Side Highway North.
- Westchester & New England: Take the New England Thruway (95 South) to Triborough Bridge (“59th Street Bridge”) to FDR Drive North.
- New Jersey: Cross the George Washington Bridge and follow signs for the West Side Highway South.
- Upstate NY: Travel the New York State Thruway (I-87 South), which will turn into the Major Deegan Highway. Exit at the Willis Avenue Bridge and bear right. Follow signs to FDR Drive South.
The parking garage is located at 1292 Park Ave, New York, NY 10029 (entrance on 99th Street between Madison and Park Avenues). Access to this garage will only be permitted to cars with the Symposium Parking Permit on their dashboard. Permits will be emailed to registered individuals.