Hold up, did you say sports?
Yes! Student Council can subsidize the cost of participating in team sports in sports leagues! Please be creative — students have used this funding for more traditional activities, like soccer, and less traditional activities, like soul cycle or road races. The important thing is to make sure that all the guidelines are followed.
What can I do with the sports subsidy?
- You can be reimbursed for 50 percent of registration fees, up to a maximum amount of $50.
- You can only request a subsidy if your team has at least five Mount Sinai students or is 50 percent composed of Mount Sinai students. Only Sinai students can be subsidized.
- If you are going to request a reimbursement, you must individually pay for your own registration (i.e. one person cannot pay for an entire team or multiple individuals).
How To Apply:
Ok – how do I get this funding?
One member of the team should submit the following on behalf of all the Sinai participants:
- Fill out this the Sports Subsidy Reimbursement Form.
- Send one email to the Student Council Treasurers with the following attached:
- Student Council Reimbursement Form
- Registration confirmations for each member
- Receipts for each member
- Credit card statements (with name, charge, and last four digits) of each student to be reimbursed
- Each file sent should have the name of the individual associated with it.
This seems complicated – who do I email with questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
Citi Bike Memberships:
Citi Bike memberships are subsidized for Mount Sinai students and will cost $60 for an annual membership, which usually cost $169. Unfortunately, we’ve reached our maximum registration and will notify students if the cap is increased.